Sunday, September 6, 2009

BYU beats Oklahoma

BYU takes down #3 Oklahoma! I remember reading a Salt Lake Tribune article from earlier in the week talking about how BYU was absolutly crazy for scheduling Oklahoma. The article said that BYU would have been better off playing the Cinncinatti Bangals. BYU did it though. They scheduled OU and they beat them. It wasn't luck either. BYU simply out played them. In fact, BYU made quite a few mistakes. Mistakes that I thought would have killed them. Fumbling on the goal line, silly delay of game taking away a field goal. BYU didn't even have Unga. The defense saved the day. I don't think anyone is questioning BYU's defense now.

It's seems like just a little while ago, Nicole and I were walking away from Sam Boyd stadium with our heads hung thinking what happened? Honestly, I didn't think they were going to pull off a win yesterday. After what Oklahoma did last year, it just didn't seem possible. You never know how a team is going to look until they play a game though. BYU looks good. They played with confidence and passion. It was fun to watch.

The best part of the game for us was watching the defense play. Nicole and I were talking about how in 2006, if BYU's offense fell short, we just knew the defense would stop them and possibly get us the ball.

It was also great to see how well Kariya played for Unga. I know the stats don't show it, but he ran hard and he broke tackles. At one point he carried 4 Oklahoma guys on his back for 5 extra yards.

Now we will have to see how the rest of the season goes. All of thier tough games are at home. BYU has a defense! BYU has a great offense. GO COUGARS!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm a cougar! I go there!