Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scott is now a CFI

The day has finally come! I have finally become a CFI. I have been working on this for way to long. I took my test on Monday the 17 of August. I packed a lunch, brought 3 bags stuffed with books, and carried my enormous binder of lesson plans into the Flight Standards District Office. I had my test (in aviation we call it a check ride) with Burney Connolly.

The first part of the check ride was on the ground. He asked me lots of questions and I also taught him lessons as if he was a student. We then went to the airplane were I showed him how to do a preflight check and he quizzed me airplane systems. The flight was almost two hours and I taught him several maneuvers and he pretend to be a student flying and I had to critique him and point out the common student errors.

The check ride turned out to be a lot of fun. I did really well, and believe that I was VERY prepared. I did really bad on my end of course test at Westminster. I think the end of course went bad because I got really uptight and stressed. On my check ride I relaxed and tried to have fun. Nicole told me not to worry about passing or failing, but to just be a good flight instructor and enjoy teaching. So, that's what I did and I passed!

Now it's off to find a job and start putting all this training to use! I am so excited to be a CFI! I think it is going to be so fun to teach people how to fly!

No comments: