Monday, March 3, 2008

Day Two of The Cleanse Complete!

Here is an update on the previous post:
I am not doing this to lose weight or...for kicks. I am completing the juice fast to clean all of the toxins out of my body. (After last Sunday's toxic fire..I was sure I had my share of gross build up in my system.) I also am using this as a starting point to revamp my diet. Over the last few months I have reduced my sugar intake to nearly nothing, and I am planning on cutting out other harmful additives as well. I am not sure how far I will take it.. but I am researching tons to find out just what is healthy for my body.
The other aspect of this cleanse is in a way to cleanse my...being? Emotional and mental cleansing? I guess it is a way to demonstrate my control over my body cravings. I so often give in to things that are harmful for me because "I want them" Completing this helps me prove to myself that I do have a choice in what I do. I don't have to give in to the "natural man." It is my way of restoring my integrity in who I really am.
It really hasn't been toooo hard. Sometimes I get a little "yucky feeling" but that is supposedly the toxins exiting my system. I had to take a nap today, but yesterday wasn't really bad at all. I only want to eat the food mentally most of the time. Something would smell good and I would want the taste in my mouth. The juice helps with the calories so I'm not running off empty. I am really happy to be complete and have a nice piece of fruit and some nuts Tuesday morning. The fast is pretty specific on how to go about introducing food into my diet again. I am all stocked up on tons of fruit, veggies and nuts. I also have some hummus and sprouted pita waiting for me. ...mmmmm.. I want food. I'm going to bed now. That way I can wake up sooner to have a nice big glass of PRUNE juice tomorrow! I am actually excited about it. It will be my last one for a while. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

You are CRAZY Nicole.
I wouldn't be able to do it.

Ashley A. said...

Wow..I am very impressed. Let us know how it works out!