Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Boy and the Bonneville



While listening to the radio a couple months ago I heard about a good deal for a brand new windsheild for $130. The add said it was only for select models though. I took my chances and called to see if I could replace the windshield on the 66 Bonneville for that price. Luckly, the Bonneville was one of the "select models". So I pulled the car out of Nancis garage, got the windshield, and parked it in our yard. Now all it needs is a radiator and we can get her back on the road.




The gas in the Bonneville has been there for like 5 years, so I am trying to start it up and drive it around abit to burn off the gas before it goes rancid. When I go fire it up, I bring Malaki with me. He loves it! He puts the key in the ignition and turns it. He gets all excited and makes cute noises. He loves driving around the yard. He plays with the steering wheel. Which is kind of a problem when I am trying not to crash into things. It is tons of fun. You can see in the bottom picture, he is putting the key in the ignition and firing it up!

No comments: