Sunday, September 21, 2008

There is a bun in the oven

About week ago, Nicole decided at 12:30 a.m., to take a pregnancy test. Bad Idea. Nicole had already taken several pregnancy tests that week, and all of them had come up negative. She was so disappointed, but we didn't really expect that she would get pregnant on the first try either. So, she told me, "the test will come up negative, but I want to take one anyway." I told her to go ahead. That was a mistake, because we ended up getting very little sleep that night.

The test came up positive. We are expecting in May. It took awhile for the test to come up positive, and she said that she hadn't been waiting that long on the previous tests before she threw them away. We took a couple of the old tests out of the trash, and sure enough, they were all positive.

Nicole has been acting pregnant as well. All of a sudden, she hates garlic and she can smell things from a mile away(I now have to shower more often). She was craving ground beef so I baked her a meatloaf and she was very excited. That is not at all like Nicole to crave ground beef. She has also been craving bell peppers which is good because I love them.

We have plenty of boy names, but currently no girl names. So anyone who would be so nice as to suggest girl names would be very much appreciated. So far Nicole doesn't want to use a girls name that is really popular. She like M and A names, but your suggestion doesn't have to be one of those. Leave your suggestions by leaving a comment.

5 comments:

Ashley A. said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations guys!! That is so funny that all those tests were actually positive. Hmm... I really can't think of baby names right now. That's funny that you have a lot of boys names because boys were always harder for Joe and I to agree on. It's a good thing we have girls. :) Hope you're feeling well Nicole!

Grandma Larry said...

Thanks for the middle of the night text! I was so sleepy that I thought you meant nicole had rolls in the oven! I was a bit confused as to why that was news worthy, let alone waking me up! Good thing Tom got it! HOORAY! I am excited!

Team Alvord said...

Congrats! We are excited for you! Get used to being up all night cuz that is what's in your near future (but it's worth it)!!

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

ok so A names....hm....Annie is a great name!

Mary said...

This is so exciting! Can I be an aunt? Please!